• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

everyone I know goes away in the end, Skellig
    “What have I become, my sweetest friend?
    Everyone I know goes away in the end."

Neither of them had ever been perfect, and they had always accepted that of each other. There had been a time when they couldn’t seem to stop playing the foolish games; hurting each other,  apologizing, and letting the sick cycle continue, until they were dizzy and distraught but with no way to end it.  And then, suddenly, it had all stopped. At some point they had realized they were all they would ever need, and no other flesh, no tantalizing words, could ever tempt them. He is hers, and she is his, utterly and completely. She had done nothing to deserve an everlasting love like this; one that was sweet and forgiving, but passionate and still so completely alive.

To be back in his embrace is to finally breathe again. She can feel her very soul sighing in contentment, as her heart flutters back into the familiar rhythm of matching his own. ”It’s okay,” she murmurs, her mouth caressing the curve of his jaw. ”You came back, like you always do. Like I knew you would.” She has faith in so few things, but her faith in him was endless. There is a pang in her chest, when she thinks of his face, and how she hasn’t seen it in years. She had accepted that a long time ago, that she would never see his face again, and that she has never seen the faces of their last two children. But for some reason all she wants now is to drink in that familiar smile, drown in those sweet brown eyes that only looked at her, and admire his handsome body that still after all these here made her feel weak in the knees. She had to settle for memories, and for letting her muzzle trace a path a million times across every inch of him, until it was so etched into her mind she could never forget.

”I know it is. I don’t know anyone anymore. And the Dale, the Valley, the Tundra...they’re all gone.” A frown mars her face, a look of nostalgic sorrow suddenly settling across her. But soon it is erased with a serene smile, and once again she curls back into him, fitting him like a puzzle piece. ”But none of that matters anymore. You’re back, and you’re all I need.”She sighs, the warmth of her breath spreading across his shoulder, where her smooth cheek rests. He was her home, and not even the years apart could change that. 
    RYATAH
    you could have it all, my empire of dirt

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everyone I know goes away in the end, Skellig - by Ryatah - 10-17-2018, 07:06 PM