• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

May you always lead from the beating in your chest; Chryseis, any
    -- I don't know where you're going
    but do you got room for one more troubled soul?

When he tugs at her forelock it elicits a girlish laugh from her lips, playfully tossing her head away from him. ”I don’t know, you were busy doing dad stuff?” She wouldn’t hold it against him. The young filly couldn’t be mad at her father even if she wanted to. In her eyes, he did no wrong, and truthfully she had been so busy exploring and barely staying out of trouble that she hardly noticed she hasn’t seen him in awhile.

She was still young enough to be a dreamer. To her, the world was nothing but magic and wonder , and even something as terrifying as a kelpie sounded like a fairy tale adventure. Her eyes widened when he said he was bit by one, an audible gasp escaping her lips. ”A kelpie bit you!? And you’re still alive?” There is something similar to a squeak of excitement, hardly able to believe that her very own father seemingly fought a kelpie and won. ”But how did you get away?” She almost asks where exactly this took place, the wheels of her mind churning as she begins tossing around ideas on how she could catch one without getting killed. But, she is pretty sure if she asks that he will catch on, so already she knows it’s best to keep that to herself. Her dad was definitely more lenient and adventurous than her mom, but she knew even Leilan wouldn’t give her directions to the jaws of a kelpie.

She casts him an incredulous look when he says her eyes are pretty. She already knows they are plain and boring and brown, but his effort at making her feel better is noted. Thankfully, her metallic gold blaze stood out beautifully against her black face, and she likes to think that maybe it made her drab eyes stand out. ”Dad, you have to say my eyes are pretty. It’s like an unwritten rule of being a parent.” But she giggles again, nuzzling against his neck as she adds sincerely, ”Thank you, though.” Even though she would rather have his color changing eyes.

chryseis
    I don’t know where I’m going,
    but I don’t think I’m coming home

leilan x briseis

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: May you always lead from the beating in your chest; Chryseis, any - by Chryseis - 09-28-2018, 06:05 PM