• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alex+Brush|Amatic+SC" rel="stylesheet"><div style="background:url('https://s15.postimg.cc/uhghrytqj/halloween.jpg') top no-repeat, #23444B;background-size:600px auto;margin:auto;padding:420px 20px 20px 20px;width:560px;font:14px georgia;color:#e2dad3;"> “<font color=#d78355>Double, double toil and trouble!</font>”

The words echo across all of Beqanna with no discernible source. Somewhere, skeletal hands are stirring a bubbling cauldron while a dry cackle fills the air. The undead spirit retrieves a pinch of cockroach scales from a shallow bowl and sprinkles them into his potion as it hisses with the new addition. A sudden fog, impossibly thick, rolls in and lowers visibility to mere inches so they have no choice but to focus only on him. He’s a very jealous spirit who demands their undivided attention, you see. The setting sun turns the pale gray fog a rich orange and the smell of pumpkin spice lattes fills the air.

“<font color=#d78355>I’ve brought a challenge to all you dears, one that requires you face your fears! Don’t you dare cower, don’t avert your eyes, for if you succeed, you will earn your prize.</font>”

Candy wrappers crinkle underfoot as he shuffles toward the shelf where his other ingredients are located. Cheap plastic skeletons hang from the trees around him and sway in the breeze as an autumn chill settles in. Jack plucks a tiny vial from his shelf and returns to his smoking cauldron as he giggles to himself, forgetting that they can all hear him. Delicately, he uncorks the glass bottle and adds a single drop of the thin fluid. (He forgets what the contents actually are but they give him cool voice effects.)

“<font color=#d78355>Show me your very best disguise and search for the place victory lies. Bring me your best trick or bring me a treat! Tonight I’m the one that you must defeat.</font>”

The jagged smile across his pumpkin head carves a little farther across his face for a moment while the candle inside burns a bit brighter. He knows that they cannot resist a good game so he’s certain they will come. All he has to do is wait.

<hr>

Jack O’Lantern is <s><I>the son of a leprechaun, judging by his name</i></s> the spirit of Halloween and he’s come to dare the inhabitants of Beqanna to capture him. For our first scene, he’d like you to pick a Halloween costume! Whether it’s materials from your surroundings, a cheap Party City costume, or an extravagant get up, pick something that your character might like. Then, pick your hunting grounds somewhere in Beqanna that you believe Jack is hiding. (There is no wrong answer so choose where ever you feel is spookiest.) Describe your costume and searching your chosen setting in detail, keeping in mind what trick or treat you might use to lure him for scene two.

<font color=#d78355>RULES:</font>
    - One entry per player.
    - Entrant may not have more than one space worth of traits.
    - Deadlines for each scene will be the following Saturday at 11:59pm CT, making this quest last five weeks altogether. This round (round one) will end on September 29th.
    - You may NOT edit your post for any reason. If you feel you absolutely must edit your post, send me a quick message to explain why so I don’t think you’re cheating.
    - You may use your existing traits and abilities as desired.
    - Each entrant may use a 1-hour extension once throughout the quest.
    - Defects given out will be temporary, unless you would like it to be permanent.
    - You will be judged based on your creativity, adherence to rules, and readability.
    - Word count limit for each scene will be 2,000 words.
    - Failure to adhere to the rules will result in disqualification.

<div style="color:#d78355;font:48px Alex Brush;text-align:center;margin-bottom:-15px;">Jack O'Lantern</div>
    <div style="font:20px amatic sc;text-align:center;">O! Ghostly friend, thy hair's on end! What fearful fate do you portend?</div>

Messages In This Thread
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Jassal - 09-22-2018, 12:04 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by North - 09-24-2018, 10:44 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Glassheart - 09-24-2018, 10:57 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Briseis - 09-28-2018, 02:23 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Ilma - 09-28-2018, 03:01 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Decimate - 09-28-2018, 03:08 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Faolin - 09-28-2018, 04:53 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Zoryn - 09-29-2018, 07:57 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Otrera - 09-29-2018, 11:03 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by insane - 09-30-2018, 12:58 AM