• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I can be your heartache, you can be my shame

Oh! He was not always the perfect boy, was he! Not when he snapped at her poor nose like that for kissing his jaw so sweetly, and then when his shoulder was thrown at her to bump her roughly away.

She wasn't expecting it, and she made a small noise as she got shoved aside. It did hurt a little, though she didn't want to show that. So she stayed away this time, watching with a little less amusement, a little less excitement, as Zo neatly distracted him with delicious nibbles at his wing.

Zoe would know what's best, there. She had wings.

Zynnie tried not to glance at her bare back. Because it didn't matter anyway. Daddy still loved her just as much. And Momma too, probably, though she was much quieter about it. Besides, if she'd had wings too then Zoe wouldn't have any reason to shrink and cling to her because they'd both be flying around. Yeah, she was good with the ground.

Their boy shied and danced forward away from them, and Zynnie slid naturally in to fill the space and stand at Zoe's side, their black and grey skin touching along their bodies. She felt quieter this time, because her shoulder still hurt and he wasn't being much fun anymore. So she let Zoe take over, tucked herself in to her sister's side and brushed the top of her nose against Zoe's neck.

He got all showy and gorgeous, but Zynnie wasn't watching. She kept her eyes closed, or on her sister, or on the ground, spreading soft little touches over Zoe's neck and shoulder as a self-comforting sort of thing.

And she wished Daddy were here with them.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I can be your heartache, you can be my shame - by Zynistra - 09-29-2018, 08:46 AM