• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  out here in the dust; any
    I glance once more at the black sand shores of Tephra, and then affix my gaze to the red stallion.

"Why don't I show it to you?" I offer. As I say the words I turn away a bit from the open cliff face, and my golden wings tuck down a little more firmly against my sides. "They're not expecting me over there anyway." Though my responsibilities include visits to the other kingdoms, the scheduling of those travels are at my whim. It had taken some adjustment (well, re-adjustment really) but that does not show with the flippant comment and the way I move my smaller body to the side.

"I think Sylva could help you find some purpose," I tell him, "And it might even help that you aren't sure what you're looking for. We are a contractual kingdom, and our goals are as varied as our members." Currently dark-hearted members, I think, but I intend for everything to have a place. "You're guaranteed a safe place to lay your head and a great deal of freedom to do - or not do - whatever you'd like."

Here I pause, remembering his earlier comment. There is a smile on my face and in my blue-grey eyes as I add: "And if you find that settling down does involve a woman, she'd be welcome in Sylva as well." While I have not met many of Sylva's residents, I've not yet come across one that seems to have Darrow's level of, well, sanity. They have their strengths, but good humor is lacking in the autumn woods.

"I could take you there now, if you're free?" I offer this without hesitation, but I know better than to assume he has nowhere to go. Perhaps he has a friend to meet in the Forest or plans to see the River. I take another step ahead to indicate my readiness but look back over my shoulder in a way that echoes my earlier question.

Messages In This Thread
    out here in the dust; any - by Darrow - 09-22-2018, 08:39 PM
    RE: out here in the dust; any - by Lepis - 09-23-2018, 10:26 AM
    RE: out here in the dust; any - by Darrow - 09-23-2018, 11:00 PM
    RE: out here in the dust; any - by Lepis - 09-25-2018, 07:24 AM
    RE: out here in the dust; any - by Darrow - 09-27-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: out here in the dust; any - by Lepis - 09-30-2018, 07:31 PM
    RE: out here in the dust; any - by Darrow - 10-01-2018, 12:29 PM
    RE: out here in the dust; any - by Lepis - 10-02-2018, 06:31 AM
    RE: out here in the dust; any - by Darrow - 10-05-2018, 07:11 PM