• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  the ashes of eden; khari and daddy, then any family
    Her voice comes from behind me, from the beach. I shouldn’t be surprised. All my kids are drawn to the water, and Kylin is no exception. Relief washes over me, and I turn to make my way back toward the shore. I didn’t smell her, figured it’d be a hell of a lot harder to find her. I left her with friends, so I don’t think much of the voice that joins hers, sassy and adorable and demanding my attention. Too cute.

First things first, though. My baby girl is close, and it’s been too damn long. Barely a week, but it still feels like ages, especially with everything we’ve been through. Everything Kali’s been through. “Kylin?” I ask, needing the confirmation even as I step through the treeline and into sight, and my grey eyes settle on her--

Wait.
    What?

I stop in my tracks, frowning and tilting my head to study her, ‘cause she’s damn sure not the leggy little girl I left behind with friends to watch over her, barely coming up two, soft eyes and sweet smiles. “...Kylin?” I ask again, stepping closer, looking her over. She looks...older. Grown. There are hints of her mother in the lines of her body, in the grace of her neck, the shape of her face, and I search her eyes, trying to wrap my head around how it’s possible.

“I don’t--I don’t understand. We’ve been gone a week, baby, what happened?” Did the destruction that raged through Taiga lash out all the way to here? No, but...it was fine when I left, the magic contained to Taiga’s former borders. So how…? God, she’s definitely my Kylin though, right down to her hazel eyes, the lavender that splashes across her skin, broken by lovely lines of white. Just...all grown up.

And then my eyes land on the girl. Soft lavender hair just like Kylin’s, her body almost snow white but for a little bit of deep blue peeking out on her neck. My eyes go wide and I glance between Kylin and the girl, perplexed. “Kylin?” I ask, ‘cause the girl who looks a hell of a lot like my daughter is ‘round about how old I expected Kylin to look. Kharon? Are you seeing this?

And then I belatedly do my best to answer the girl’s question. “Hi, little darlin’. I’m Kerberos. I’m this one’s daddy,” I add, with a nod my daughter’s way. “Who are you?”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

@[Kylin] or @[Kharon] maybe? idk who's next

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the ashes of eden; khari and daddy, then any family - by Kerberos - 10-03-2018, 10:45 AM