• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Brennen/Blue

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

She could see how much he loved her. Even as forlorn kind of pain coloured his expression, she could see what their daughter meant to him; and for a split second, she wanted it to be different. Without any attempt to hide her thoughts from the magician, she too imagined an alternative future and past, one where he'd found her in the meadow and brought her home, had raised children with her and raised them as princes of the Tundra and princesses of the Jungle. But the facade is far from strong, and it shatters with the slightest amount of thought.

Brennen and I were never compatible at a young age. The past holds no place for him; we bickered more often than not and found each other's lives and personalities trivial and humorous at most. I blink unseeingly as he says that he loves her too, and my lips skewer downwards; my gut twists; I have more I want to say too, but it gets caught in the back of my throat. Caught in the past, where it shouldn't have been in the first place.

And yet...

The firmness of his voice returned when next he spoke, reminding her that he'd been through enough hardships to last a life time - but then again, hadn't she too? So why was this so hard? She found herself biting her lower lip at the question, utterly panicked by the answer which came unbidden to her mind, something breaking inside of her as she realized that she would not have the impulse control to keep herself from saying it.

He spoke the name of his consort, but she didn't notice. Asked if they would visit, but that wasn't the question she had an answer to.

"Brennen - it's not that simple." Her eyes flashed a deep purple, red in pain and blue in sadness, mixing together into an uncertainty next to inexplicable. Their depths found his, and were it not for the daughter beneath her stomach, she would have stepped closer. "I can't just pretend like the feelings I have for you aren't real." For once, the ghosts in her head were silent; perhaps stunned by the words that she spoke.

"I don't know what to do, Brennen." Hestoni is gone and I'm alone with our daughter, I know that's not an excuse to let something grow between us, but I can't deny that -- "It's what I want." The mare's voice cracked as she shifted between thought and voice, mind reeling as she struggled to maintain a connection with reality.

That it's you I want.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Brennen] italics indicates words she is tryna get him to brain read............... sorry i can't control her IM SCREMAMING
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Brennen/Blue - by Scorch - 10-13-2018, 12:05 AM