• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Brennen/Blue
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He lets himself beg, the words dragged from him, pleading with her to visit. It’s the only future he can imagine – he assumes that she will return to Hestoni, to Nerine, to her people; he still has responsibilities here, and he can’t leave Ischia to raise a child in Nerine. He can’t leave his other children, either; he doesn’t even think about his new magics or the fact that he can teleport in an instant because he’s too worries about the rest of it. About the intense feelings he already has for Blue, and the ones he can’t admit he has for Scorch.

Her first response sends him into a total panic. ’It’s not that simple’, Scorch says, and his first thought is that she doesn’t want him to be a part of the filly’s life, or hers. Fear and something else threatens to drown him, almost as bad as when he lost Khaeli and Alonwy, and the air around them crackles with it. Thunder rolls in the distance that definitely wasn’t there before, and water seeps out of the ground at their feet. Some distance away, waves crash out of time on the shore. It’s only when their eyes meet that anything starts to steady; she steadies him, allowing him to lock down on the magic and focus on her next words.

For several long heartbeats, Brennen forgets about Blue, happily suckling her first meal from her mother, and can only think about Scorch, and their long history. He has a lot of feelings – he’s a feelings kind of guy, Brennen, but he’s always tried to be careful of others. One of those things was being careful not to step on any toes – like Hestoni’s – with his feelings. He would never have voiced anything but friendship for Scorch, not knowing about Hestoni, not until she said something first.

Circumstances have induced a poor grip on his feelings as well as his magic. Brennen has been quite careful these long months not to invade the privacy or thoughts of any of those around him, but she’s projecting and he’s not blocking. Only half-aware of his own actions, the bay stallion steps closer to the two of them, one ear flicked forward as if it could help him hear her better. Galilee isn’t gone but nothing has been the same…not since…not since they died, he allows himself to think back, I want it too.

“I love you,” he says aloud, a little quirk of a half-smile on his face, and it’s clear he’s not just talking to Blue.

The logistics of it all just aren’t important, right now.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Scorch]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Brennen/Blue - by Brennen - 10-27-2018, 10:29 PM