• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  nobody's watching, drowning in words so sweet
    Abysm comes from a dream —
    One moment he wasn’t there and the next, he was.

Moonlight and morning limn the edges of his gilt skin, all champagne and foam. His hair lays in wild damp curls, managing to almost look like bubbles. He’s just come from a dream in which there was a rainstorm. That accounts for the damp dripping mess that he is as he walks forth into those earliest hours. 

It was the most beautiful rainstorm he’s ever experienced. No thunder. No lightning. Just gray clouds for days and fat happy drops that slid along his skin like kisses. 

Her kisses to be exact. 

He’d known it was her because these were his dreams he stepped in and out of. It was her dark eyes that always looked for him and looked at him. But he couldn’t recall the color of her skin this time or the last. Just that her slim muzzle had pressed to his then with a wild snort, they were off!

They’d run through the rain together and it had been one of the best times of his life. Just as someone else was remembering the worst and he stumbles across the path of that someone else as if he sorrow had been latent enough for him to follow.

There lays a mound before them that grass and flower have obviously grown up over. It occurs to him that it might be a grave but he doesn’t ask - not yet anyway. She’s beautiful to look at but sad and he likes them that way, though he’s not sure why. But all he can manage to say is this and inelegantly so,

“This place is beautiful and I didn’t know this part of the meadow was here.”

He truly didn’t, had he not seen her go by then followed her there. 

Abysm then hopes he’s not intruding because the air there seems very heavy and hushed with things he does not know of.

@[Eilidh] ha! now you get bys post from me <333
    i would do anything for love,
    but i won’t do that 

Messages In This Thread
    RE: nobody's watching, drowning in words so sweet - by abysm - 09-25-2018, 03:49 AM