• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So the winds called me home (any)
    Nalia was definitely a social butterfly, even to those giving off the wrong attitude. She didn't make assumptions, or judge, until she had the chance to see something for herself. But, arriving at the Field that day, if there was one thing making her stomach do flips, it was this: she worried that she wouldn't be able to talk up the kingdoms enough to convince the stranger she was about to meet to return with her.

So, to try and push the negative thoughts out of her head, the filly busied herself with a flight, soaring over the Field and looking down at all the horses below. From this distance up, the wind filling her nostrils, she couldn't really determine which horses were natives to Beqanna, even to the Field, and which ones weren't. She'd have to get closer to figure such a thing out, but was she really ready to put her diplomatic skills to the test?

She'd only been in training a few moons after all; was she going to do her kingdom proud and make her first recruit?

There was only one way to find out.

After taking some time to steel herself, the filly tilted her body and started flying back toward the ground. When she got close, she evened out her weight and straightened her wings, landing with a soft 'thud' on the hard ground, her legs cantering a few strides to help her slow down and adjust. Shaking her head and neck after a good flight, the filly took in a deep breath as she looked out from the cover of the brush near where she landed.

No time like the present to find out what kind of a diplomat she'd be, huh? Standing up to walk tall, the filly strode out to the Field, smiling at seeing a couple of the mares now had rambunctious foals by their side. A few of the, running around and playing, chased each other a small distance from the group of mares Nalia presumed they came from, two of them even heading in Nalia's direction. The filly watched curiously to see what they were doing; one was chasing the other, the one being chased goading the foal on by calling to it. The foal chasing it's friend let out a happy whinny before trying to pick up speed, only to trip and fall over in the attempt.

Worried, Nalia took a few steps closer and whiskered to the foal, encouraging it to get back up. After a moment of dizziness passed, the foal managed to get on it's hooves, whinnying happily to Nalia before racing back to it's friend and dam in the group to reassure her it was okay.

Nalia watched this display with gentle eyes, fondly remembering the own bond between herself and her dam. Feeling that familiar ache in her heart, the filly pressed on to avoid any more memories, knowing if she allowed them to consume her she'd want to leave the Field and try again later. But she was nervous enough as it is, so she couldn't afford to turn around and come back later.

After some time of searching among the horses for a newcomer, Nalia was down on her luck, thinking that perhaps they'd migrated to the Forest or the Meadow after being here for a while. Then, something caught her attention; an unfamiliar smell, foreign to these lands. Turning her head, in the near distance, she spotted the outline of a horse, one with somewhat dark coloring on its legs and lighter shades on its body.

Maybe this was the break she needed? Walking confidently over to the new horse, Nalia started picking up on its body language when she was within eyesight. So, to try and help the newcomer relax, Nalia lowered her head so her neck was aligned with her spine, her eyes calm and her smile gentle. She tucked her wings in and spoke with a calm, sweet voice as she addressed the filly, now able to tell such a detail from being closer.

"Hello there," Nalia greeted. "My name is Nalia; welcome to Beqanna. Are you new here?"

@[Brine]

Messages In This Thread
    So the winds called me home (any) - by Brine - 09-25-2018, 08:14 PM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Nalia - 09-26-2018, 08:51 AM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Brine - 09-29-2018, 06:47 PM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Nalia - 09-30-2018, 11:04 AM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Brine - 10-26-2018, 05:59 PM