• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

up your bum and around the corner // Leander
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

Swathed in moonlight, we travel. The long grasses of pre-summer part as our bodies surge forward, the sound of the river falling just to our right as we follow its gurgling length towards the northern commonland. Panthera's sleek form is silent compared to mine, but it still feels wonderful, to be racing alongside my leopard as the moon brings out my own feline markings; the wind tastes feral in my mouth, and the stars above seem almost within reach.

As the thin forest surrounding the River swallows our fleeting figures, we pull up in a whir of dust and stand, panting and snorting as our hearts hammer within our chests. The distance from Hyaline to here is short compared to any of the other commonlands, but to run it is no small feat. You know I'm not a cheetah, right? I flick my nutmeg eyes to Panthera, offering a wordless and breathless grin; she peels back her whiskered maw, half genuine and half mocking me; but we have an understanding, and so I allow the comment to pass in silence.

Dropping my antlered head, I make my way down the bank of the river, hopping the last bit to splash right into the thigh-deep waters. Panthera watches from above, dropping to her stomach and settling her head on to her massive paws, eyes watching me and my surroundings comfortably. 

Laughing to myself, I take a deep gulp of the lake run off before throwing my head up and splashing my cat quite thoroughly. A yowl echoes through the land, followed by an angry hiss; but I only laugh more loudly, my leopard spots gleaming and my antlers proud and everything feeling almost all right.

When my laughter subsides, my eyes snag on a path of gold not far off on the other side of the river. I'm not close enough to identify to whom the palomino hue belongs, and when I smell the air, I can't distinguish Rapt or Abysm or Khaedrik from its mingling particles. Exhaling with a flare of my nostrils, I clamber up the other embankment, looking for a moment towards the stranger before lowering my head to graze in silence.

@[Leander] for anyone here because of the tagline, lydia suggested it while half zoned out and now i wont change it. enjoy.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    up your bum and around the corner // Leander - by Kagerus - 09-26-2018, 03:10 PM