• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

curiouser and curiouser (OPEN)
    “Lie,” she repeats back to the hesitant man. He is shocked to hear his voice spoken - even more shocked to hear it spoken so appreciatively.

When the girl whips around, Litotes fights the instant urge to take several steps back. Will is nothing like the company Lie has kept over the last year or so. When he did encounter others, it was not for long, and it was usually a quiet relationship. He did not allow himself to be around boisterous creatures before, and he begins to wonder if he had just “wandered” into this land or if he was subconsciously ready to be found (to be accepted).

“You’re not intruding, you’re my guest now.”

She meets his gaze with bold, shimmering blue eyes. Surprisingly, the cremello finds himself relaxing into her warm invitation. Lie’s muscles melt into cautious curiosity.

“I want to show you the lake and the willows,” Will smiles as she speaks, her proud and animated face shifting brilliantly. Litotes perks his curved ears forward, excited at the idea of familiarizing himself with at least some part of this strange land. She bumps her hip against his own, drawing him suddenly from his thoughts. The innocence and companionship sends a sharp ache through his chest. He does not shy away; instead, he hopes for more.

“C’mon, you’ll like it, and you can tell me where you’re from on the way.”

Lie knows immediately that he is not ready to delve into his past, but the thought of his old home does bring a sweet and subtle smile to his face. He nudges Will’s shoulder back and starts forth, fully expecting her to lead the way.

“I’m from a place that most just called Mustang. I lived on a land full of ponds and cattails and the smell of damp soil. There was no . . . magic . . . there, like there is here. I can feel the difference in the ground,” Litotes starts, and soon begins to ramble. He stops himself, then begins again a second later, “I like the feeling I get here. It’s as if I’m on an entirely different planet. Have you lived here your entire life?"

litotes
    want u to be happier

@Warlight i figured i'd just say he was from the site he was born on looooool

Messages In This Thread
    curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 09-27-2018, 02:23 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by Warlight - 09-27-2018, 03:44 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 09-27-2018, 10:49 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by Warlight - 09-30-2018, 04:57 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 10-05-2018, 12:27 AM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by Warlight - 10-08-2018, 08:45 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 10-11-2018, 12:49 AM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by Warlight - 10-13-2018, 08:47 AM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 10-22-2018, 06:31 PM