• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

curiouser and curiouser (OPEN)
    litotes

Galloping after Will and smiling like an idiot - this is the freedom Litotes has been unknowingly craving since he was a boy. The awkward dissension sheds from his brow and he thinks for a moment that if his new friend were to ask about his past now, he would confess every detail without blinking an eye. She does not, though - her carefree speed casting off any wayward worries.

Litotes follows Warlight closely, eyes wide and surprised as they traverse over soft grass and dangerous rock. He loses speed, though, when the heart of the land spreads before them. Will, galloping, does not notice Lie now cantering with eyes so open they seem to reflect the entirety of Hyaline. The mountains are beautiful, so unlike Cattail Lake and so refreshing he gasps. The fuzzy green grass beneath him hugs his hooves, welcomes his haphazard steps. In his heart of hearts, the stallions knows he is home. He is where he belongs - safe - and he sends a desperate prayer to the heavens that this is not ripped from him as easily as his previous life.

Reality quickly zeros back in. The cremello stallion begins galloping again and does not stop until his face is being whipped by the flexible arms of the willows. He laughs aloud, a sound so warm he even surprises himself (so warm, in fact, that his chest is ablaze and his cheeks go pink with embarrassment). He spots Warlight between the lush tails of the willows, searching for her gaze. He is so happy she brought him here, so happy she shared her unabashed personality with him.

“This is so unbelievably beautiful, Will,” he laughs. “Thank you for showing me. 

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Warlight] im so sorry this took so long

Messages In This Thread
    curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 09-27-2018, 02:23 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by Warlight - 09-27-2018, 03:44 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 09-27-2018, 10:49 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by Warlight - 09-30-2018, 04:57 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 10-05-2018, 12:27 AM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by Warlight - 10-08-2018, 08:45 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 10-11-2018, 12:49 AM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by Warlight - 10-13-2018, 08:47 AM