• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The firestarters always get the burns; Vulgaris

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The white woman smiles a little, though she doesn't comment on his being good-or-not any further. Truth is, most people are mixes of what's good and what's considered awful, and there's reasons for one thing to come out more than the other sometimes. A threat to herself or her family, for instance, would be met with a much harsher version of herself than Vulgaris right now.

As he speaks, she nods to him. "She'd be welcome, of course." Surely, if she has a mother like Leliana, and a father like Vulgaris who's trying so hard to be good for his daughter (at least, that's the impression he gives the Andalusian mare), she'd be pleasant to talk to. To work with. Teach things.

She gives him a light chuckle at his confession that he wants to tell her goodnight, and this means he has to go early. "Of course. Say hi to them for me, and I hope we'll meet again soon." she offers with a polite dip of her head. Glancing at the river once more, she listens for his hoofbeats to leave, then heads back home herself, also.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[vulgaris] Haha. I guess this ends this thread though?
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The firestarters always get the burns; Vulgaris - by Ilma - 10-12-2018, 07:12 AM