• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Ajatar
    ajatar
    devils speak of the ways in which she'll manifest;
    angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress.
    It should not be a surprise to the scaled girl that the mare also has abilities. Everyone in Beqanna seemed to have something these days, from simple immortality to the ability to summon a plague. Yet, Ajatar's eyes grow wide when she sees the flower dissolve into nothingness. She should know better, but she does not - her eyes widen into that childish look again, reminding the mare she's little more than a girl used like a woman. She'll need to grow up, at this rate she'll spend her whole life being walked on.

Like now.

But Ajatar doesn't know the mare's ulterior motives - how could she? To her she is a woman who sought her out because of the death of her son. She probably wanted an apology, she probably wanted a lot of things. But for now Ajatar can only think over what she's seen, her glance flitting from the flower to the mare. What does this mean? What does any of it mean?

"I'm getting better at it," she admits quietly, letting loose another small strand to suffocate the next flower. No blisters pop up on her from these close, small encounters. It's the bigger ones that injure her. She watches the flower die as she pulls back her power and tucks it back away. Maybe if she learned to control her temper she would have complete control but, for now, that's beyond her control. "You really think I can be free?" she asks - a loaded question.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Ajatar - by Ajatar - 10-07-2018, 10:16 PM