• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wake up in the sky || Vulgaris ||
    Vulgaris
    He is a creature of habit, wearing in trails he’s walked a hundred times, but he has no desire to deviate from this path. It offers him time to reflect on his troubles and how best to solve them. Today, his mind orbits the topic of the stranger who had stood over Leliana before being plunged into the river. He replays the seconds over and over in his head until he hardly notices which way he’s going. But this is the same old route as before and he can drift through on autopilot without much worry as to where he’s going.

A low growl hums in his throat when he recalls the moment Dovev had meant to charge at him. It was stupid to rush in, he knows, but his body reacted before his mind could. He will not make the mistake again. Next time, he will be the perfect hunter that he knows himself to be.

But then someone is calling out and he snaps back to the present, serpent eyes searching his surroundings for whoever is near. He lowers his head and bares his teeth briefly before he spots the Loessian lord. He snorts at himself for being so on edge.

Vulgaris approaches his striped friend and tilts his head slightly to observe him for a moment. Should he mention the chaos he’s sewn in his free time? Perhaps not the day he spent with Kagerus, as that time has come and gone with no further consequences, but he cannot risk withholding the rest. A slow sigh breathes from him as he shifts his weight uneasily. Talking about emotions makes him restless but he has no other option.

Wolfbane, I hope you’ve been well,” he says, getting the formalities out of the way. “I have a problem of my own that I hope you’ll keep in mind while you patrol as well.

He pauses and considers how to best explain. Would Wolfbane view him with disfavor if he asked him to kill on sight? Maybe only maim.

I had a.. run in with someone named Dovev. I hope you don’t mind, but if you see him, he owes me a great deal of blood.

And then he says nothing, though he expects some request to be made of him as payment for his own. They are like minded creatures in that sense and Vulgaris is always happy to oblige the lord.
    " ancient language, speak through fingers. the awful edges where you end and i begin. "
    @[Wolfbane] he's terrible at bonding but he's trying i promise.

Messages In This Thread
    I wake up in the sky || Vulgaris || - by Wolfbane - 09-29-2018, 12:27 PM
    RE: I wake up in the sky || Vulgaris || - by vulgaris - 10-01-2018, 12:20 PM