• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part Two: Electric Boogaloo
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alex+Brush|Amatic+SC" rel="stylesheet"><div style="background:url('https://s15.postimg.cc/uhghrytqj/halloween.jpg') top no-repeat, #23444B;background-size:600px auto;margin:auto;padding:420px 20px 20px 20px;width:560px;font:14px georgia;color:#e2dad3;">The spirit rubs his gnarled, clawed hands together as he giggles wildly, watching them from his cauldron. They scour and search as they hunt for him but he doesn’t step foot from his hiding place despite their best efforts. He leans a little further over the bubbling potion to see them all hunt until the stem-handled lid of his head comes tumbling out and into the concoction. Oh my god, how embarrassing. He scrambles to scoop it up from the cauldron and curses wildly when the boiling liquid touches his skin. God, this is not how this was supposed to go at all. Oh jeez. And they can hear every word as he scrambles to recover himself. Crap. Crapcrapcrap.

A few of the seeds from his head add to the mix, however, and throughout Beqanna his lackeys begin to appear. They dance and skip and snarl as the accidental magic births them into reality. For now, they bide their time and simply snicker from the shadows, waiting and watching with eager, beady eyes. Jack can only watch in utter shame as his mistake manifests itself. He holds his orange face in his clawed hands and takes a deep breath to recollect himself. It can’t be helped. Time to move on.

He clears his throat and scoops a bit of bone dust from a saucer on the table next to him, sprinkles it into the simmering mix to save face. All across the land, little pumpkins sprout from the ground with faces to match Jack’s. They nestle into the roots of trees and in the depths of caves, serving as red herrings for their hunt. This had all started as a fun game but now he’s got to hide his shame and really avoid them.

His mother was right; he should have been a doctor.

“<font color=#d78355>Never mind all that mess before, now’s the part that I adore! Set your traps and gather your b-bait, lure me out and make it great,</font>” he says but his voice cracks, betraying his bruised ego. Still, he’s determined to keep this game going and prove that this wasn’t a terrible career choice. “<font color=#d78355>But mind the shadows and beware the dark. My children are eager to make their mark.</font>”

He has to improvise now as he scratches his chin nervously. The henchmen are obedient, however, and they remain where they are while the players begin to assemble their lures and traps.

<font color=#d78355>NOTES:</font>
    Jack is still trying to be scary despite the mess he’s made of things. Feel free to taunt the poor guy while you set up a trap, if you’re feeling like a bully, or maybe take pity on him and leave out some gifts for him. Explain why your trap or lure will draw him out. Feel free to change up the scenery with more Halloween decorations of your own because god knows what else Jack spilled into his potion in his frenzy to get his lid back. Has his potion perhaps changed your character in some way? Show off your creativity and do <I>anything</i> you want in this round. (The henchmen will be fully revealed next round so don’t worry about them for now.)

Same rules as before. This round ends at 11:59pm CT on Saturday.

<div style="color:#d78355;font:48px Alex Brush;text-align:center;margin-bottom:-15px;">Jack O'Lantern</div>
    <div style="font:20px amatic sc;text-align:center;">O! Ghostly friend, thy hair's on end! What fearful fate do you portend?</div>

Messages In This Thread
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part Two: Electric Boogaloo - by Jassal - 09-30-2018, 05:13 PM