• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

breathe in the salty air { FALLS }
    Texas is endlessly graceful that he was not born a female. There are a number of good reasons, but at this particular moment the inability to become pregnant is certainly the highlight. The thought of carrying something around (other than a full stomach) is incredibly off-putting, and while he does enjoy the act of creating children, everything after that is messy and boring and definitely not for him. There is a reason that Texas has met only a handful of his children. They tend to be those with mothers he was fond of, or as in the case of Brennen, those that prove themselves better than the majority of Beqanna’s population.

The bay stallion is mildly curious about the identity of the father of this child, but for boring reasons only. If Elysion is going to make her home the Falls, that means that her child will be under their protection as well. He hopes that this mare hasn’t snuck away from some possessively-minded stallion who might have plans to come and steal her (and the child) away. If she has, she’ll be safe of course, but he’d rather not have to deal with it if possible.

His mind is wandering as he waits for an answer, but as soon as she does he focuses his dark eyes on her again. Texas gives her a bright smile, knowing what she has already said that she does intend to come to the Falls. Success – even if not entirely his to claim. She seems like a nice mare, sweet and soft and polite. That is, of course, the kind that Texas likes most of all. They expect the world to be as kind to them as they are to it, and it is all too easy to fulfill those expectations with a minimum amount of actual effort.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you as well,” he replies, and there is nothing in his soft smile and brown eyes to indicate that he is anything less than pleased and slightly excited. “Most of the residents there are probably a bit nicer than me, actually.” He tells her, and that is entirely truthful. “I think you’ll like the Queen, Shatter Me. She’s a mother too, though Tyrna has been fully grown for a while. I imagine she’s full of advice on child-rearing if you’d want it.” True as well, and he can imagine the delight on the grey queens face at the idea of having children running around the Falls again. Texas hasn’t missed the little patter of hooves, but he knows that mares are more emotional about such things.

“It’s just a little north of here,” Texas says, taking a moment to gesture towards the northeast with his grizzled black muzzle. “Less than an hour’s walk I’d imagine, even with that.” He glances at her burgeoning belly once more, knowing that its likely to slow her down. It’s still not a bad trip, one of the closest kingdoms to the Field, after all . “I can take you there now, if you’d like?”
    T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

Messages In This Thread
    breathe in the salty air { FALLS } - by Elysion - 07-02-2015, 07:16 PM
    RE: breathe in the salty air { FALLS } - by Texas - 07-02-2015, 09:04 PM
    breathe in the salty air - by Elysion - 07-03-2015, 12:27 AM
    RE: breathe in the salty air { FALLS } - by Texas - 07-06-2015, 10:55 AM