• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i swear you'll see the sun again; any

Novel

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,

Memories are fleeting things. There and gone, almost forgotten until something tickles. Until a nearly similar memory comes along to join, mashing up until it’s more fantasy than truth. It’s odd what one can think of as a raven. Not for her, perhaps. But others would certainly think so. Would one think her insane if she said memories are useless and silly? That they are pretty lies your mind makes up to coat the acid of truth? Even if sometimes they aren’t very pretty.

It’s funny. The mind can so easily make one a monster when they are really just a beast like any other.

Or maybe, it’s just the wild imaginings of a raven woman. No one has ever said she’s managed to keep all her equine faculties. And it would be a lie if they did.

But these are hardly bothering her imagination now. No, her attention is wholly fixed on him. On the subtly glimmering strand of dark purple she had managed to pluck from his crest. She surprised almost, delicately lined head popping up as her eyes widen. She doesn’t release her prize however. Instead she shakes her head, the long strand rippling with the sudden movement.

With an unmistakably pleased expression, she tucks her head around in a rather awkward twist until she is able to fling the hair over her withers. Turning back, she beams at him. Whether she had heard his question or not is uncertain. Either way, she does not reply, instead merely peering at him with satisfaction.

She flicks her ear casually, perfectly at ease with such companionable silence. But then he is speaking again, asking after the raven. She blinks, staring at him with momentary confusion before tilting her head with avian curiosity.

“The raven?” she repeats, her voice still throaty and rough. Almost a croak. She ponders the question, lips tilting into a frown, unsure how she is supposed to respond. She has never considered what it’s like. Not really. Finally, after what must be an uncomfortably long silence, she brightens. “Free,” she finally chirps. “Light. Not like a horse.”

Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before.

Messages In This Thread
    i swear you'll see the sun again; any - by sleaze - 09-30-2018, 09:48 PM
    RE: i swear you'll see the sun again; any - by Novel - 10-23-2018, 03:25 PM