• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i swear you'll see the sun again; any

I’ll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
    tell you my sins so you can sharpen your knife

He has not wanted to be himself for quite a while now.
    If he were crueler, or more careless, he might use his possession to try for a new life – to inhabit someone or something else, to live that life instead of his own. But he would not do that to anything else, he is not a thing he would inflict on anyone else. He does not know his own power, not truly, and even if he did, he wouldn’t want it. He has never wanted to be powerful (he tasted power, once, in the arena, when Master gave him powers, when he fought, and it was an ugly thing, sickening).
    But –

Free. Light. Not like a horse.

These are things he wants, and the desire is an overwhelming thing, hollering inside his chest.
    He looks at the skies. There are birds overhead, scattered, and he watches them.
    Free.
    “Oh,” is all he says, at first, already doubting himself, trying to bury the glimmer of a thought that skips across his mind, a possibility.
    He is chained and heavy, not free and light. He is not meant for those things. Such is his lot.
    Oh, but he wants --

“I have--” he begins - stupid - “I can possess things. For a while.”
    The other, wild raven is still overhead. He thinks of beating wings.
    “Would you…”
    Don’t.
    “show me?”

sleaze
    cancer x garbage

Messages In This Thread
    i swear you'll see the sun again; any - by sleaze - 09-30-2018, 09:48 PM
    RE: i swear you'll see the sun again; any - by sleaze - 10-27-2018, 01:47 PM