• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i told you that i need affection, starsin.
    In my dark times, I'll be going back to these streets, promising everything I do not mean. In my dark times, baby, this is all I could be
    When she regards him with a sort of confusion, he worries that he’s made a mistake in cradling her to his side. He briefly considers stepping away and allowing the space between them to grow miles wide in just a few inches. But then she settles in and permits him some happiness by offering him a few nights with her. Her acceptance is a cold cloth to his fevered head, soothing his fragile ego even as she explains that she is never fearful of the night. And he believes her. Starsin seems to possess a quiet strength within her that he envies like a magpie eye, aspires to cultivate for himself.

He lifts his head to offer more of his throat to her as they huddle together like kittens learning to groom and preen one another affectionately. His eyes drift closed while he listens to her question and he realizes he has no clue what a girlfriend is supposed to do except be protected. Ophanim gives a slight shrug of his shoulders, briefly shifting his wing across her back before it settles again. In truth, she could continue to do exactly as she does now and he, in turn, would continue to trust her with his world in the palm of her hand. But maybe she’d like something to do? He becomes nervous that he may get the question wrong.

Obediently, he lowers his chin when her lips roam to the baby-fluff of his mane to offer it up to her.

You can do whatever you want. I’m not the boss of you,” he finally says after considering what he might like her to do. The idea of controlling her disinterested him. He wanted to leave her wild as she is now so that the future was entirely unpredictable. The thrilling danger of some untamed woman drew him in closer to her until he rested his head beneath her chin.

Just be there for me whenever I’m sad. That’s all I really want.

And it’s the truth, really. Jenova never seemed acquainted with sorrow or tears and so she never knew quite how to comfort her son when he became upset. Nothing ever seemed to bother her and it frustrated him that his mother couldn’t understand why it angered him to have to share his father with his siblings. He traveled all the way to Nerine just to ask Leilan to spend the day with him and found his father busy with the multitude of offspring he had helped create. There no time for him there.

But he doesn’t have to share Starsin’s time with anyone while they’re together here in the playground. She doesn’t chide him for what he says or overlook him while he tries to get her attention. In this moment, she sees only Ophanim, and he is finally content.
    ophanim
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i told you that i need affection, starsin. - by Ophanim - 10-26-2018, 10:14 AM