• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

squeeze me, I dare you [Heartfire]

Curiosity had brought her here, that old, devilish thing that has so long ruled her life. But sometimes, there is comfort in the familiarity of old habits. A way to forget, for a time, the constant ache that assails her heart. An ache she would much rather forget, because giving in to it made it all too real.

She has always considered reality a haven. But not this reality. Not this truth.

Instead she finds herself lingering on the border of Sylva. Once, she might never have hesitated to intrude. Once, when Sylva had so closely allied themselves with her home. But things have changed much within the kingdom. It’s heart had been poisoned by greed and darkness. It is not a thing she is certain it will ever recover from, but there is someone trying. Someone new. An unknown her. And for her, the unknown simply cannot stand.

And there is her old friend curiosity, come to plague her with these unknowns.

It’s easy enough to remain unseen on the outskirts of the forested kingdom. Trees are especially good camouflage, but hers is certainly better. With her ability to bend sight at a whim, no one would ever know of her presence unless she wished them to. She could’ve done this from Nerine, she supposes. But it is far easier to get a clear and accurate picture the closer she is to her target. And today, her only mission is that of spy. Indeed, she has no intentions of making herself known.

That is, until she notices a young colt lingering in the trees. At first, she ignores him. He seems inconsequential at best. But then, that curiosity tickles at her, and she shifts her focus to him. Sometimes, inconsequential is the best source of information. No one ever notices.

After a moment, she allows herself to become visible to him as she shifts through the trees, making her presence known. Her blue eyes peering through the dark of the woods, she greets him, her low voice casually amused. “You can come out. I’ve known you were there for some time.”

She suspects he wasn’t truly hiding, but she can’t seem to help herself when it comes to making such offsetting greetings.

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Messages In This Thread
    squeeze me, I dare you [Heartfire] - by Juice - 10-02-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: squeeze me, I dare you [Heartfire] - by Heartfire - 10-04-2018, 12:32 PM
    RE: squeeze me, I dare you [Heartfire] - by Juice - 10-11-2018, 05:05 AM