• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Can you See the Truth Behind a Curtain of Lies? [Clayton, Solace & Family]

I know only what I was told to remember.  Even that is shielded behind a wall of haze as a look about a land I don't know.  To meet a family I am told is mine, but not a single face comes to mind.  What happened to the memories of my first four months of life are a mystery, and that, they will remain...

I follow the winged creature, much like myself.  Solace is her name, and she leads me to meet others of my family.  I am naive but cautious to what this means, tip toeing behind her with large eyes.  The land is quite green and massive cragged rocks rise on all sides of me.  I feel rather small and insignificant here.  My tawny wings are clamped tightly to my sides as I trot along a beaten path.  They are weird things that I have not yet mastered and so I try to not draw attention to them.  How horrible it would be if someone asked me what they do, because honestly I do not have the slightest idea...

Eventually my gaze is drawn back to the gold mare before me, she is so much prettier than I.  My coat is a drab mix of muddy browns, where Solace shines brilliantly in the light.  How I wish I could shine so brightly.  My ears fall flat against my skull with these thoughts, causing self consciousness to consume my mind.

A few more strides forward and my nerves beg me to inquire on our route, "Where are we going?"  My tiny heart has begun to thump more steadily in my chest as we travel farther and deeper into the land.  I wish I wasn't so nervous and perhaps knowing our destination will quiet the mess in my head.

Kreed

@[Solace] So she came out a nervous Nancy lol this should be interesting

Messages In This Thread
    Can you See the Truth Behind a Curtain of Lies? [Clayton, Solace & Family] - by Kreed - 10-02-2018, 08:50 PM