• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Suppressed by all my childish fears; Kypria
    The brown stallion jumped, visibly startled. Kypria's head tilts curiously as he turns to face her, intrigued both by the fact that she had surprised an adult and by the odd color of the stranger's coat. It is brown, like the dark of the trees, and not like anything she has ever seen before. The only horses she knows are her jewel-toned parents, her violet ombre half-sister, and her two fire-haired, splashily painted cousins. This horse with his bright coat is very strange indeed.

He sounds sad, Kypria decides, and doesn't seem interested in talking to her. Mother gets like this, sometimes. The white filly recognizes the mood, somber and not at all fun, and she is breifly disheartened. The stranger shows some promise though, when a new emotion enters his voice.

Unfortunately for the nearly two year old filly, it is worry. She gets enough of that already.

"I live here." She tells him firmly, pulling her head up to stand proud and (hopefully) imposing. "and I don't need my mom. I'm a grown-up too." She is not, of course, being barely eighteen months old. Of course, she is weaned, and to Kypria that is a surefire sign of maturity.

"Why are you on my island? Does Daddy know you're here. I don't think he'd be happy if he did." The words spill out as rapidly as the chatter of the parrots overhead (who have returned to business as usual with Kypria to hunt them). Her girlish voice makes light of the danger; the purple-haired filly has never actually witness what her father does to keep the family safe - and secluded.

@[Jack in the Box]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Suppressed by all my childish fears; Kypria - by Kypria - 10-19-2018, 07:30 PM