• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I welcome the fire as I punish the love; any
    All too well she knows the feeling of demons. The apparitions that stare and claw and bite, waiting for the moment when your just broken enough to give them sport but not shatter under their weight. She knows the ghosts that lurk in the shadows, watching, always watching. She was a ghost, and a shadow, and a demon all at once. It's not hard to recognize a kindred spirit.

She weaves among the trees. They all start to blend together and she knows she's safest in the shadows. It's dark and for once, quiet. She is alone and welcomes it, relishing the cool summer breezes that whisper among the leaves, teasing the ghosts from their haunts. Tonight she is peaceful, until a stray ray of sunlight crashes through her path. Then she is running.

She chases the sun, lost in the sudden predators instinct that steals her breath and fuels her flight. She catches up to the stray gold that escaped the clutches of the moon and paces next to him, calming the beast inside her breast, reassuring herself that tonight she is safe. Tonight she is quiet. She is herself, for now at least.

The golden man that crashed through the trees suddenly comes to a halt. It takes her a second to stop herself as well, gulping down air as the stranger sighs. She is herself, she is safe, she is quiet.

Moonlit eyes turn to the golden stranger, the kindred spirit, and wait for him to look at her. To see that demons are real, and aren't always unkind.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I welcome the fire as I punish the love; any - by Tyrna - 10-08-2018, 02:24 AM