• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's catastrophe in everything i'm touching, lepis and any
    "It’s nice to meet you as well."

Though I known both of my kings’ champions for only a single conversation, I am already more fond of Wolfbane’s snake than Arthas’ hound. His emerald eyes are no easier to read than Sinner’s flaming ones, but I recognize a smile on an equine face more readily than a wolf’s, and warm to the tone of his voice, his easy laughter, and the casual mention of his daughter. I find myself smiling back without having to force it, and I consider – very briefly – relaxing.

No, better not. We are still in Sylva after all.

He asks after Sylva, and I roll my shoulders in a shrug. I had seen the way he eyed them, my myriad of scars, and had not missed his interest. That is not uncommon, but what is rarer in these red woods is the lack of an attempt to reopen them. For all his outer appearance, this man who speaks so affectionately of his child does not inspire fear. Wariness remains, but then – when does it not? It is so familiar that I hardly feel it.

"Quiet." I answer readily. "Though I’ve seen enough storms to know what comes next."

The quiet murmur in Sylva won’t last forever, and I am all to aware of this. These things are cyclical, and I know the shadows will soon be testing their limits. For all my promises to the rest of Beqanna I am doubtful they are entirely within my control. They certainly are not under Arthas’. I cannot speak poorly of him though, and so I offer Vulgaris another soft smile and speak of something else.

"Your king wants us to investigate a cold case," I answer, and despite the crime there is something almost amusing about my first task as queen being to do the impossible. "I don’t suppose you know anything about the murder of Krone, or of two Ischian fillies?"

@[Vulgaris]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's catastrophe in everything i'm touching, lepis and any - by Lepis - 10-14-2018, 07:25 PM