• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Cause you've given me the most beautiful set of wings // Castile
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Despite the relationship of father and son, Castile addresses Santana with adult maturity. The tone of his voice is steadied and riddled with experience. For years, he had been afraid of this – of spawning more monsters – but with the elapse of time, his fear has dissolved. They could be their own unified force. Dragons. A family. An army. A gleam reaches his mismatched eyes as Santana looks away and takes his advice into consideration, but then there is a break in the seriousness. A hearty laugh escapes Castile, his chin lifting and his unruly forelock falling to the side. ”I mean, I guess I could give you details,” he jests once settling down his laughter. It had been difficult to control himself that day with Sabra. They caved into temptation, crumbling to an inner passion that sprouted randomly, but powerfully. It may have been aggressive, but perfect nonetheless.

The haze of memory dissipates with the rustle of movement. Castile blinks and from seeing Sabra, he now sees Santana again. His body contorts and for a moment looks awkward with a simple change of the tail, but then more is rippling into draconic features. A look of relieved pride appears on the sharp ridges of Castile’s face as he watches his son conquer the beginning feat. ”Excellent,” he encourages with a ruffle of his own wings as everything shifts in a controlled manner. It doesn’t last, but he should have expected it. Much like his own challenges as a youth, the creature that lies within them both always wants release. It frequently rattles the bars of its cage, wanting freedom. A step forward almost begins an intervention, but he doesn’t immediately say or do anything – let the boy learn.

The result is a startled son.

Castile watches with a predatory intensity as Santana’s eyes come to focus on him. ”You did it,” what began as a calm statement ends with a rushed exhalation as he reels backward, dodging his son’s snapping jaws. ”Quite the dragon,” the differences in their draconic bodies is spectacular and fascinating, but he says nothing of it. Instead, he quietly nods his head and straightens himself to observe. ”That’s your homework,” he adds while looping around Santana, scrutinizing with a critical eye before stopping in front of him again. ”Practice shifting one part at a time at first so you understand how it feels. The next lesson will be emotions,” a lopsided, humored grin appears, ”a weakness of us both.”

castile

@[Santana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Cause you've given me the most beautiful set of wings // Castile - by Castile - 11-04-2018, 07:48 PM