• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

guess i'm a coward (kensa)
    litotes

Strangers - that is what the two are. Strangers that find themselves dangerously close and maybe intoxicated by a proximity neither of them have ever experienced. Litotes feels himself rushing headlong into an abyss - something that is dark and scary and completely unknown. He does not know how handle this (attraction - the first twinge of intimacy racing clumsily through his veins).

Their breathes swirl together when Kensa answers his question, and Lie smiles in response. He is happy to have found someone that has been in Hyaline awhile - someone that might love and understand its little nooks. Their gazes are locked, Kensa now speaking again - Lie barely listening, so lost and frightened by her golden eyes. Her aura is so inviting, so pleasant. How could he not expect to want to be near her upon their first meeting? It is silly, sure (Lie is a stranger to affinity, perhaps he is overreacting to the way she makes his heart beat).

Kensa’s face moves almost imperceptibly, leaving their lips so close that the edge of Lie’s vision goes fuzzy. He wants to blink away the stars but can’t bring himself to break his gaze with the beautiful girl. Lie’s thoughts race through his mind an unbelievable rate: Is this an invitation? Do I move my mouth just centimeters closer? My god, I want to know what that feels like . . . He wants to kiss her, to know her in that way - but he knows nothing of her, other than her name and her home. His instincts battle in just a mere second, before Lie nearly loses his shit and just reacts.

“I like it here, yes,” he whispers, “but I like it a lot more, now.” And in one tiny, important motion, Lie closes his eyes and leans in to brush his lips ever so lightly against Kensa’s. He doesn’t know who he is - the kind of person to attempt to a kiss another minutes into meeting. Before even registering if their lips touched, he pulls back with almost apologetic eyes and murmurs, “Oh, wow -” cut off by the panic he feels.

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Kensa]

Messages In This Thread
    guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by litotes - 10-08-2018, 11:33 PM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by Kensa - 10-09-2018, 07:58 PM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by litotes - 10-16-2018, 10:28 PM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by Kensa - 10-17-2018, 09:52 PM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by litotes - 10-22-2018, 10:17 PM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by Kensa - 10-23-2018, 09:52 PM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by litotes - 10-25-2018, 12:22 AM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by Kensa - 10-25-2018, 08:38 PM