• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in my field of paper flowers; any
    OOC: New Gates Pony? xD

in my field of paper flowers

Run

The screams deafen me still, like bullets numbing my brain. The shrill cries as sharp as the daggers that cut the deepest into flesh. I ran, just like he had said, my eyes a feral white, lost within. I saw nothing, just the blur of trees, of spring grasses as they flashed by. I had no destination, just forward, anywhere away from there. My legs powered me across the lands, strong and powerful and unyielding, even to the damp marsh of a forgotten winter. Mud splattered, blood speckled, I was a mess. Buttercream mane streaked with crimson, my tail, loins, blood soaked. Leaking into a blossoming burgundy rose across my ribcage, blending in with the rich chocolate of my skin. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, I ran until my lungs screamed protest, and the las few breaths came like acid, harsh, sharp and burning in my throat.

Run/

I continue running; a full speed gallop, blindly cascading through naked trees and barricades of brush. My mind is blank, like a cloudless sky, not a single thing upon it. within it. Wisps of memory, pain, harsh pain stabbing me, fingers burrowing deep into my skull. They strangle me, the memories, until finally something clicks. Cracks like bone splintering against sharp flint. And everything goes blank. And my wild gallop still breaks through trees and underbrush, until I reach a vast clearing.

Everything is green, viridian and bright; it is almost too blinding to my eyes, the soft coffee orbs closing, tightly, wanting the sharp daggers to stop driving deeper into my skull. As soon as I break through the shadows and into the afternoon sunlight, they do just that. My mind, empty, my eyes glazed with the sheen of frost upon crystalline waters. There is nothing, a large expanse where all the memories, all the pain, has gone and stopped. The walls are cavernous in my mind, dark and empty, like the dark woodlands I had sped through. Eerie and cold, forgotten and lost. My lungs scream, expanding and threatening to burst from my ribcage, my nostrils, their pink innards trickling rivulets of fine blood. Exertion threatens my body with full tremors, like lingering leaves, clutching into winter trees, I tremble. My chocolate skin throbs with veins and my winter fur is matted with sweat, mud and blood. 

Yet I am calm. As though those snapping bones in my head have taken me to a serene place; and it is certainly serene. the trees are billowing softly in the spring breeze, the grass beneath my feet is springy with new life, and the waters in the distance are as enticing as the sea to a long lost sailor. Once my hooves touch the viridian grounds, I stop. Deadly still, my eyes drawn and looking out into the distance, focused on the treeline in the very distance, but nothing else in particular. Statuesque now, my lofty frame stands tall and silent, like a sentinel in the woodlands, a sturdy oak tree. My mane billows, matted with sweat and sticky with crimson, the creamy tresses knot even more as the wind strokes me with a genteel caress. Sweet kisses against my skin, the cool breeze is welcoming, cooling my feverish skin, calming my wrought nerves and pulsing veins. Yet, I am numb, my insides quiver with life, yet my eyes are dead, lost within the stars, lost within the woodlands left behind.

My tongue is stuck, blood coats it, mars my pink lips with a metallic twang. My nostrils still gasp for breath, lungs threatening to burst even still. My sides heave with exaggerated gasps.All I know there is grass beneath my feet and beautiful trees surrounding me. And the wind seems to call me with a gentle lullaby, lulling my mind into a security that blankets me in thick foam, almost suffocating. 

Run.

I ran, and where I am, it seems like I have broken through the veil of Hell and found paradise, indeed.

i lie inside myself for hours;

Messages In This Thread
    in my field of paper flowers; any - by Reuen - 07-04-2015, 03:58 PM
    RE: in my field of paper flowers; any - by Jason - 07-15-2015, 01:24 PM
    RE: in my field of paper flowers; any - by Reuen - 07-16-2015, 01:44 PM
    RE: in my field of paper flowers; any - by Jason - 07-17-2015, 05:40 PM
    RE: in my field of paper flowers; any - by Reuen - 07-19-2015, 01:19 PM