• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's still fire in the darkness; aysel

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

His gold-flecked eyes warm with pleasure as she takes in Tephra, noting the wildlife and the rich vegetation. There was not a place in all of the new Beqanna that boasted as gorgeous of plant life as the jungle except Tephra, of this he was certain. There was something about the humidity in the air, the thickness of it that sat in your lungs and coated your throat, tempting you further into it. He hadn’t ever experiencing something this lush, this beautiful, this intoxicating since the jungle.

He hadn’t been sure that he would ever experience it again.

But it was here and his heart could explode with joy from it. She moves further into the kingdom, darting away to find a beautiful treasure, and he grins, unable to contain the happiness that seeps across his chest.

“Perfect,” he muses, lacerated lips lifting into a crooked smile. “You look perfect.”

He turns his head from her to look out at the volcanic isle that spreads out before them, the shadows dipping in and out, the wind fluttering the edges of it, the volcano standing tall and proud over it all. “I know what you mean.” His voice is quiet but his chest constricts painfully. “After the Reckoning, when everything imploded on itself, I thought I would never see something like the jungle again.”

It had been painful beyond words to lose his childhood home.

A scar he bore to this day.

“When the faeries granted us Tephra, and led us here, I knew it was home. It’s not the jungle. Nothing will ever replace the jungle in wildness and history, but there’s an echo of it here. A spirit that lives in the wind and in the soil.” A chuckle. “Or maybe I’m just an overly sentimental fool of a man.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[Aysel]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's still fire in the darkness; aysel - by magnus - 10-18-2018, 01:25 AM