• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let me apologize to begin with... Lilitha

Let me apologize to begin with...

It takes me a minute to realize she had followed me. And it takes me an even longer minute to realize she had put herself directly in the path of those blazing stars. It seems I couldn’t do anything right, not even this. I knew I should never have gone to the shore to see her, but I’d always been so weak. Couldn’t she see that?

My tears are lost in the ocean, the salty droplets swallowed by the briny waters. My long dark locks are plastered against me as a turn my teal eyes to her, not even realizing how brokenly raw my features are as I look at her. “Why did you follow me?” I manage to choke out. “It’s not safe.”

The stars rain down around us, illuminating the water with the bright light before being snuffed out by the churning, icy depths. Even now she is beautiful. Her bright mane floats on the waves, the perfect counterpart to her black skin. I’m such a fool though, because all I want to do is hold her against me. As if I could somehow protect her from the falling rocks. As if I wasn’t the problem here.

I close my eyes against the temptation. I have to swallow several times before I can answer her question without an obvious tremble in my voice. “Yes,” I say before opening my eyes once more to peer out at the waters. “I can’t burn anything down here, at least.”

I turn to look at her imploringly then. Maybe she understands now. Maybe she could see why I can’t stay with her. “You should go,” I plead. “You could get hurt.”

Moment

accident-prone son of Offspring and Lirren

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let me apologize to begin with... Lilitha - by Moment - 11-30-2018, 12:09 PM