• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all this couldn't satisfy my soul. adna, ilma, any.
    Adna

Adna has no way of knowing the storm that’s brewing on the edges of her family.

She has no idea of the hurricane that’s about ready to hit.

So she can take simple pleasure in this moment, in this idyllic snapshot of time where she is with her father and he is with her, whispering reassuring words into her ear, guiding her through the visit with a surprising amount of grace. At his explanation, she gives him a fanged grin, excitement clear in the shining of her green eyes. “Using our words isn’t as much fun as fighting,” she says with a giggle, shaking her head. “But I think I will like making acqua-acquaint-acquaint…” She struggles with the word, tongue continually fighting her on it and she scrunches her nose up in frustration before stomping her foot.

“What does that word mean again, daddy?”

When he thanks her, her face lights up and she presses into his shoulder more, welcoming the warmth of him as the white mare approaches them. Her tiny ears perk as she listens, precocious until the end. “I’m pretty like my mom,” she pipes up. “Although I think I’m more like my dad. I don’t want to be pretty. I want to be strong.” She bares her teeth and rears slightly, as if to show of her muscles, but grows slightly more subdued when Vulgaris instructs her further. She glances up apologetically, sorry for the sudden outburst of energy as she glances to Ilma with a slightly chagrined grin. “Thank youuuu,” she drags out the word and then studies her for a moment. “I like your eyes! They are really nice.”

But their trio soon grows as the antlered mare approaches and Adna’s eyes grow wide with wonder. She takes a small step forward from her father, although still tucked by his side. “Hi, Kagerus!” She studies the branches of antlers that leave her head. “I would really, really like a tour, and I’d like to meet more friends!” She glances back at her father, waiting for his permission to follow the pair further.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all this couldn't satisfy my soul. adna, ilma, any. - by adna - 10-26-2018, 11:33 PM