• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Scorch/Any] The Bones of the Great Leviathan
    Her forelegs hurt, they ache and bleed: cut on jagged rock and briny formations. Blood drips along the wounds and she feels where the flesh has torn with a newfound recollection of pain, with a sensation that causes her to stumble; but not to fall. Sarkis is for the moment, lost, and the bright eyes are lit with terror as she hears the sound of the ebbing tide and the shifting sand: as shape becomes what it is and she sees, for the first time in years- another one of herself… or as close to herself as she can come.

The scaling frightens her but she does not go away from Leilan, there is something about him that is familiar and strange: something that makes her want to run to him and to throw her neck around him with some profoundly deep emotion that rouses her heart in a way she has forgotten. He speaks and all the air goes out of her lungs, out of her throat in some exhale that itself trembles- a faint squeak dying with the sound and her eyes close.

Words come slowly, and Sarkis is able to find them when she needs them, slow and timid- drawn out and quiet, barely above a whisper. “I don’t know.” she breathes, but, for all this moment she tries to remember the name of the mother she is calling for and in that instant she sees and tastes wildfire, smoke, and ash: she remembers loss and pain, grieving. Teary eyed and staring quietly at Leilan she tries again, stumbling over the very things she is trying to convey. “When am I? Where is mother, Scor-”

Its a certain degree of irony that when she begins to speak the name on her tongue there is sudden cry in the air, a sound that is familiar and a word she knows: her name. The sound of sand and water broken upon hooves draws her attention and her gaze is taken from Leilan to the rushing figure of a woman, of a creature she feels close too. Burned and draconic she recognizes the very glow of the eyes, the sound of the voice: even the scent and sheer aura of her presence.

“Mother.” she states quietly, her expression twisted into confusion and conflict and her mind racing as she is reminded again of her sore legs and exhausted body. “It was dark, for so long. I don’t remember when- just, there was a cave and I saw someone go in. I followed them, I was curious… and then I couldn’t get out. It was like the dark just kept going, like there was no end to it.” she tries to explain, weak and raspy- with her body shivering as she recalls the eerie depths of that place: of the bizarre world where time was absent.

She can feel the warmth of her mother’s body, the tightness of her embrace and she cherishes it: eases into it and slowly crosses her own neck around her. To the touch Sarkis is cold, damp, and undoubtedly bony- her body shuddering and eyes closed as she listens: as she enjoys the tenderness and familiarity of the grasp, of the embrace.

“Leilan? Brother-” she blinks as Scorch steps away, her gaze leveling onto him with conflict and yet unadulterated joy: love. “I can’t believe you’re all here.” she trembles, snorting softly and choking back tears in her eyes. The whole of her body lingering close to Scorch and yet, she glances down at her legs, at her body- at the world all around her and she flits her ears with attention to sound of waves, of water: of all the birds.

Sunlight, too, feels good on her skin and the warmth slowly spreads around her. Yet, there is an unimaginable pain in her, one that lingers in the core: in the far reaches of her heart and mind… a seed of grief and anger, of pain and fear. For a moment, she winces, noting her legs and their wounds, sighing at the blood on her fur. “I don’t remember when… how long?”

@[Leilan] @[Scorch]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Scorch/Any] The Bones of the Great Leviathan - by Sarkis - 10-22-2018, 11:55 PM