• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above; jude
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

Warmth spread through Jude as Magnus returns her affection. His words ring true: the pegasus mare feels as if she bloomed here, as if she is a tropical flower glistening in the land’s florid scenery.

Magnus offers a run, lurching forward and bumping Jude teasingly. She grins right back at him, excited that she is connecting with a more natural version of herself. And that is the truth: Tephra’s fiery bones touch a part of her that she forgot existed. Genuine comfort and energy flow through her veins; for once she is content simply as she is. No thought of control, manipulation, or protection passes through her mind. Finding someone who isn’t immediately trying to get something from her combined with the pulsating land completely relaxes her. She wants to cry; instead, she launches after her now-galloping companion.

The chase is long and exhilarating - with her wings tucked tightly to her sides and her lithe body so small, she is practically a bullet. An idea strikes her - without a thought, she executes it: wings unfurling and flapping fiercely to rise above and over Magnus. She laughs a fierce and guttural laugh, releasing herself to the waves of ecstacy and adrenaline. Seconds after she passes Magnus, she tucks her wings in to land. At the last second, she releases them just enough to make a landing that won’t break her legs. Not a second lost, she jumps back into a gallop. With a mischievous and glistening look behind her, Jude calls, “Catch me if you can!”

i've been blossoming alone over you

@[magnus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: good shouldn’t need to tempt us above; jude - by peregrine jude - 10-29-2018, 06:24 PM