• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Gave away the things you loved, and one of them was me; any

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

He is not deterred by her lack of response to him, the way she continues to eat and only swivel an ear in his direction. He has been to the field enough times now to know that the souls you meet here are in a million different places in their lives. Some come here because they’re ready to find a purpose in their life. Some come here because they need a place safe to rest their head. Some come because they aren’t sure what they want to do next but they know they need a push in one direction or the other.

So he is not offended by her initial ignoring of him.

Instead he rests casually, settling into a more comfortable position with one back leg cocked. When she does address him, he smiles a little wider, looking toward the horizon and then back to her, holding her gaze. “Sometimes I think just habit,” he says honestly, never having spent too much time unpacking the workaholic mindset that brought him here day in and day out, the routine he’s perfected and clung to over the years. “Although I’ve truly grown to love it over the years.” Another genuine answer, voice deep.

He tilts his head toward her, considering for a moment. “I consider it a pretty important responsibility to meet others here—you never know what they want, what they need. Getting a chance to help them find that? It’s pretty special.” He shrugs, unembarrassed by the vulnerable response.

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[Maiko] tagging or not tagging - either works for me! <3
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Gave away the things you loved, and one of them was me; any - by magnus - 10-26-2018, 10:02 PM