• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Gave away the things you loved, and one of them was me; any

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

Magnus has no idea of the chaos that is to come.

He has no idea of the way that the world will fracture once more, spewing forth the plague from the worst corners of itself. How the world will shift and tilt on its axis, spinning it around until it can right—how, in the aftermath, Tephra will be one of the few places still capable of serving as a haven for those who need it. He knows none of it. Just that it’s another day and he’s doing what he loves to do.

She is prickly and her response surprises a laugh out of him, the sound husky and genuine. “It does make my miserable life a little less so,” he quips, rolling his scarred shoulders. “Plus meeting souls like you keeps me humble, so that’s just a nice bonus.” His lip curves upward in one corner, gold-flecked eyes good humored as he watches her lightly. He’s never been particularly off-put by her harsh words, although there was perhaps a time in his life where it would have been enough to rile him.

Now he’s met enough wounded souls to know this was mostly just a defensive maneuver.

So he doesn’t pry, but neither does he throw up his hands.

He just remains as he is: steady.

At her next question, he chuckles a little. “We have plenty of fine ladies in Tephra, along with plenty of gentlemen.” He tilts his head, “Although we don’t have anyone quite like you.” Some carried her traits, her rough tongue and brash mannerism, but she was something else entirely, and he found himself intrigued in spite of himself. “But I don’t come to the field just to peddle my home. I’m happy to tell you more about it or tell you about any of the lands around here.” A shrug and a  grin. “I’d even be willing to take you to wherever you prefer, so long as you don’t bite my head off before we get there.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[Maiko] lol i love her! so sassy.
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Gave away the things you loved, and one of them was me; any - by magnus - 11-03-2018, 03:33 PM