• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Gave away the things you loved, and one of them was me; any

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

He finds he enjoys the rough edge of her tongue, the way it rattles in her mouth, biting even when not saying anything particularly harsh. He can appreciate someone who says it like they see it—someone who isn’t afraid to give you their raw, honest opinion—and he relaxes in her presence. “I would hardly say the you could call my position one of power,” he muses, thoughtful. “Responsibility, perhaps. Work, definitely.” He shrugs, rolling his shoulders. “Either way, I remain humbled.”

When she stiffens at the mention of his home, his eyes narrow slightly in thought.

He has never heard of anyone receiving anything but a warm welcome.

Has never dreamed that someone would be turned away at the border.

He wipes the confusion from his features, shaking his head slightly. “I’m sorry to hear that,” his words are genuine, the disappointment clear in his gold-flecked eyes. “I would hate to know that you had a bad first impression of our home.” When she asks about Warrick, he is quiet for a second before responding. “Not currently. He became sick and had to leave to be with his family.” He doesn’t mention the internal politics or the challenge that had stripped his crown—although he wouldn’t shy from it if she asked.

She rolls his shoulders again, getting ready to answer her question before he closes them again, silenced before given the chance. Still, he can hardly hold his tongue and so he offers his opinion regardless. “I would say the others are definitely better than your impression of Warrick,” he pauses, thinking. “Although I’ve always known him to be an upstanding stallion, I can’t speak to your interaction with him.” He glances in the direction of Tephra, to the uptick in activity, the new souls that called her home.

“Regardless, there are souls of all kinds within her borders. Some kinder than others.”

His gold-flecked eyes spark with a little mischievous humor.

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[Maiko]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Gave away the things you loved, and one of them was me; any - by magnus - 11-06-2018, 11:28 PM