• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a makeshift gauge - any
    Once he had known a black mare from one of the Otherworlds. Or rather, from the place between here and there, a limbo that the creature has never wanted to experience. He is curious, but having not yet explored his own world to its fullest reaches, Ivar is not yet interested in venturing beyond it.

He is not sure, even with her rambling, if her admission is that she is new to Beqanna or to life itself. Both seem equally possible to the kelpie, but one is certainly preferable. Silver moonlight does not flatter Yihdra, but the kelpie's golden eyes trace each pale revelation with unbrindled interest.

Only once had he been still enough to interest a barnacle, a long week spent in a sea that would have been nearly frozen around them if not for the salinity. How long must she have been below the sea to bear such a collection of them? Is this what Kylin might look like if he kept her under long enough?

The image is a pleasant one, Ivar smiles and reveals too many teeth.

"This is not my home," he tells her as he takes the step forward he'd first offered Yidrha. "There's too much magic in these woods." Too many memories, as well, but those are trivial for a creature not prone to reminiscence.

Ivar is hungry because a kelpie is always hungry, even as they gorge themselves, and he takes another step nearer, drawn by that hunger and a growing sense of fascination. "I'm sure the pleasure is ours," says the jewel-toned stallion, though he speaks only for himself.  "I don't think we have anything quite like you here." He adds, because asking a lady what she is has never been a highly recommend flirtation tactic.

@[Yidhra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge - any - by Ivar - 10-23-2018, 09:38 PM