• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all these young bodies turn, evolve on a word; djinni

Rey

Yes, I’ve seen it before.
    Stared it right in the face and acknowledged it for what it was, then gave it the tip of my head and left it alone. Always, always, always they seem to root it out from hiding, whether they intend to or not and, once rooted and spoiled, it turns to poison in their bowels. Turns into a baby, that is. And where do babies come from? I wonder, happening upon the pair quite suddenly because these days, my steps and where they wander aren’t entirely of my own choice.

I hadn’t meant to spoil their precious silence or take the breath out of a whispered promise they’ll surely break, but sickness bows to no mortal and it rattles up my pitch-black throat. I expectorate out into the unnatural springtime growth, hocking a pure glob of bloody spittle onto the ground where it leaves a stain so beautiful I can’t help but change my coat and wear the color myself.

I’d always looked best in crimson.

“You two don’t belong here.” I know, matter-of-fact. There’s not a single iota of worry, fear, or anger at knowing this, however. It’s just that I highly doubt what I’ve said will be denied by any of the present party. “Not very polite of you, not very polite at. all.” I accentuate, looking between them. One is a canary, and I am a cat. The other is a rose, and I am a thorn. We don’t belong together at all, but this world (and I bargain many others, after what I’ve seen) always finds a way to house the cobra and the hen together.

“I love me some love too, you know.” Erupts from my blood-stained lips, blended along and hidden now that I’m covered in luscious red. What used to be a capricious grin only seems a hair sinister these days, since a nice pair of matching fangs expose themselves with the expression.

Maybe it’s the poison I know is rooted deep inside of me, but for some reason I just can’t help myself today. “Don’t mind a little sharing myself, either.” I quip, and then the red is gone in a flash -warning, warning, warning- replaced by a yellow coat like her mates, poached white mane and tail to match. It’s a bit funny, I suppose. Would be funnier if there were more eyes in attendance, I think.

Wanna step to me better think twice, 'cause I look pretty but I ain't that nice

@[Djinni] @[Walter] Feel free to poof her away or whatever Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all these young bodies turn, evolve on a word; djinni - by Rey - 10-27-2018, 07:20 PM