• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when your angels can't sing; Kromium & Leilan
    In the wake of Sabra’s murder and Klaudius’s resulting demise, a deceptive calm had fallen over Nerine.  Or perhaps only Breckin, lulled into the buzzing static of chaotic thoughts and the possible outcomes of choices that were and yet to be made.  A journey to Tephra had long settled onto the future’s horizon, and she knew with an unquestionable certainty that recent events were as good of a reason as any.  It was no longer advisable to put off the inevitable.

The search for Leilan had been brief as usual —he was never beyond her reach when she needed him.  She’d made it her prerogative to preserve time and energy by finding him first, understanding that he would just shadow her anyway even if she forbade it.  An unspoken discussion passed between them when her gaze set with stubborn determination found his, trusting that he would be able to read what her intentions were, no allowance given for actual conversation over the matter as she turned eastward.

The volcanic kingdom’s edge came upon them disturbingly quickly, dark eyes trailing over the ashen plumes and black stone spires in the distance.  Along the border she hovered, gently lowering the brittle remains of the lavender stallion in front of them with her telekinetic graces.  Painfully long seconds drag by until the dull gleam of the sun’s rays catching on metal summons her attention.

The leopard mare drops her head in acknowledgement of their present company, recognizing him from memories that were not her own.  “King Kromium, allow me to apologize first—a meeting between Tephra and Nerine has long been overdue.  I am Breckin, Queen of the Leviathans and this is Leilan, one of Nerine's guards.” Her own guard actually, that would have come regardless of her asking him too, but she doesn't feel it appropriate to say such a thing now.  She pauses then, glance passing towards Leilan to give him the moment to say something himself if he wished to before refocusing on Tephra’s sovereign.  “I hope we’ve found you well today so far.”

Because the news I bring may ruin the rest of it.

@[Leilan] @[Kromium]

Messages In This Thread
    when your angels can't sing; Kromium & Leilan - by Breckin - 10-23-2018, 07:12 PM