• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the past, it haunts us; ANY
    Eilidh

Willa seems to soften as she acknowledges the stars.

Like the lines of her body are spun together with the memories of her father, and to remember him is to remember the way she was then, too. Even as her shoulders relax, even as her bones hold firm rather than tremble, it’s hard to imagine that there was ever a time in her life where she was at peace, with her eyes as wild and white as they had been. They are all made up of grit and bone, bound together by muscle and flesh. In theory, built for survival — hardy enough.  It’s a wonder to think how in spite of all of that, they are still so fragile.

But the world can break anyone it wants.

Lost in her own thought, Eilidh listens quietly as Willa explains her distrust to Leilan who is holding firm in his resolve to save them. She admires him, and his determination, even if she doesn’t say it in these moments. It would be so much easier to walk away, to fade back out with the ever-lengthening shadows that he came from, unburdened. He stays instead, dodging assault after assault to his character (however unintentionally), because he’s better than that — better than most, Eilidh would wager to believe.

“You too, Eilidh.”
    “What about you?”

When he looks at her she smiles gently for him, but she does tilt her head in contemplation. She isn’t frightened, the syllables of his name hold no power to her, but it wouldn’t solve what happened to her either. Beyond that, she knows her monster, as it were, could not be stopped even if a thousand men as kind-hearted as Leilan is vowed to erase him. She will tell him though, she decides, because his courage is deserving in her eyes.

So, she opens her mouth to speak, is about to tell him ‘My father,’ but regrets their relation enough that she thinks better of it.

“Carnage.” She says finally, settling.

“But I would be okay with going with you to see the place you call home… either of you.”

Willa speaks again, drawing Eilidh’s eyes back in her direction to meet her gaze, now steadier.

“This meadow is the only home I’ve ever known,” she answers, and though the words alone seem sad and heavy the expression on her face can only be described as wistful.

“Of course you’re welcome to stay with me here, but I understand wanting more. If you wanted to see Nerine I wouldn’t be opposed to travelling with you, if it helped.”

⤜ nobody's watching, drowning in words so sweet ⤛

@[Willa]
    @[Leilan]

Sorry this is so late, folks!

Messages In This Thread
    the past, it haunts us; ANY - by Willa - 10-24-2018, 07:18 PM
    RE: the past, it haunts us; ANY - by Eilidh - 10-25-2018, 08:59 PM
    RE: the past, it haunts us; ANY - by Leilan - 10-26-2018, 03:59 AM
    RE: the past, it haunts us; ANY - by Willa - 10-26-2018, 02:31 PM
    RE: the past, it haunts us; ANY - by Eilidh - 10-26-2018, 10:36 PM
    RE: the past, it haunts us; ANY - by Leilan - 10-27-2018, 06:40 AM
    RE: the past, it haunts us; ANY - by Willa - 10-28-2018, 08:19 AM