• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Shooting stars cannot fix the world - Jude

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Her words take some time to sink in, but if Jude had answered her right away Ilma would surely have thought something was amiss. It is an emotional switch this mare needs to make, she thinks. Another might have said 'stop whining and start acting like an adult', but that's too simple. Where Ilma has been comfortable in her role as a mother since she was two years old - caring for younger siblings and actually enjoying it - she had needed to learn how to be a good diplomat for her kingdom on the go. It was a role not unsimilar to being a mother figure, she had found, but frankly, everyone aspiring to be a mother or a diplomat, would have to discover this for themselves.

The pink and lavender pegasus says she knows so little, and Ilma nods. "You'll find that the more you know, the more you'll realize there is so much more to learn about. Take some time to enjoy your baby before you visit - they grow up way too fast, you see." The white Andalusian smiles at her newfound... friend, trainee - which ever, to Ilma is fine. "You'd be welcome any time. Perhaps you can bring Cosmos then, too if you like. There's a lot of youngsters in our sanctuary." she offers. A day off when someone else is babysitting, surely would be appreciated she thinks; very much so by the time the baby would be old enough for such a long trip.

Jude doesn't need to say more; Ilma smiles and dips her head in a greeting for departure. "I'll see to my own kingdom now. I hope to see you again soon." she offers. Then, she collects the sunlight to carry her across the country, heading east once more.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[peregrine jude] you can start a new thread in the cove if you like! sorry this took me so long
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Shooting stars cannot fix the world - Jude - by Ilma - 12-08-2018, 03:30 PM