• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // Devin Pony/Any
    litotes

Tephra is wildly different from Hyaline. It pulsates and heats and practically breathes, while Hyaline whispers and tickles and welcomes. Litotes is just exploring, at least that is what he tells himself after the strange debacle on the beach. Truthfully, Hyaline was beginning to feel a bit . . . cramped - if that is the correct word to use. Lie did not expect to meet so many so fast (to like so many so fast - Kensa, and maybe a certain couple he absolutely refuses to think of). He is not moving, nothing that drastic, just getting a breathe of fresh air - coincidentally (is he really fooling himself here?) the furthest from Hyaline he can get.

It's just a day trip, he tells himself, though seeing Tephra is certainly more than just a day trip - unless he plans on not resting at all. The land’s air grows hot and heavy around him, making him mildly uneasy. Lie has come to see the volcano - he has never seen one and thought maybe that will scare the shit out of him enough to get over any residual embarrassment.

Lie crosses the river (not without a bit of struggle), and finds himself peering up in awe at the frightening monument. He thinks, maybe I'm an idiot, and begins to turn away from the blistering sight when something hits his nares through all the muck. Something . . . familiar? Does he smell Hyaline? Or maybe someone that has not quite shaken the scent of Hyaline, though Lie doubts he would be able to pick it up unless someone had spent considerable time there. Forgetting the looming volcano, he trots after the scent.

It isn’t long before he spots the perpetrator - Rhaegor. One blink, then two - why is Rhae here? A mischievous twinge spreads across Lie’s chest. The multi-color boy has his back to him, so Lie studies him for just a moment. He knows what he is feeling, now (an inkling of attraction - one escaped thought turning into two, and so on). Before he can overthink it, the cremello stallion quietly approaches Rhae from behind. He leans in to shove him as he pulls up next to his side - shocked to find he does not mind being this close to him, does not feel discomfort (perhaps that is the slight petulance from the beach talking, but he is not thinking of that now).

“Hey, Rhae. What on earth is the Prince of Hyaline doing here?” his voice is low, mouth curved in a grin, and eyes sparkling. Lie circles around him, spurred on by his uncharacteristic lack of anxiety, “You certainly don’t look like you’re going back.

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Rhaegor]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // Devin Pony/Any - by litotes - 10-27-2018, 12:38 AM