• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Brine
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

Emotions roll off of her like waves to the shore; it almost makes me wonder if I've a new psychic gift developing, but of course that's silly and I brush off the thought immediately, focusing instead on lending her my gaze as a life line should she need it. And it seems that she would; without delay, the blue woman is asking me to lead her to Hyaline.

To lead her home, if she would accept it as such.

The journey from the field to Hyaline is a long one, but I allow it to pass in relative silence, knowing from our first encounter that conversation is not the easiest for my newly-arrived companion. We cross a wide river on our way, and I show her the shallowest crossing point before scampering across myself, looking back to make sure she's made it. Soon, the peaks of Hyaline are visible, and I point them out to her; and it is not much longer until they loom above us, the scentlines passing beneath us as we continue our approach.

Feeling more at ease now within the boundaries of my own home, I look to Brine with a soft smile, hoping the same peacefulness has found her, too. "Have you any knowledge of kingdoms, Brine?" My tone is gentle and quiet, hoping not to evoke too much stress on the part of my companion. "I don't suppose you were around before the Reckoning, though I may be mistaken. Many are immortal these days."

Turning, I continue our easy pace through the southern foothills of my kingdom. The lake will be just beyond that bend, but I have a sneaking suspicion that some of Hyaline's many friendly inhabitants might come to intercept us before then. "Just so you know, there are many others who call this place home - all very peaceful and kind in nature. I suspect we will be joined by at least one shortly; they are always pleased to see a new face. I promise it won't be overwhelming."

@[Brine] @[Kensa] @[Briseis] @ whoever : )
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Brine - by Kagerus - 10-26-2018, 09:49 PM