• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Brine

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

A turtle crawls slowly through the fallen leaves, its every step a labor to it’s viewer. Kensa does her best not to stress him, but she can’t help but sniff at his shell. She’d discovered him while grazing in the lush foothills and her inspection leaves a green smear over the box turtle’s mottled home. She is in awe of his armored house, which he retreated into when she got too close. Kensa tosses her head slightly and sniffs him one more time before deciding to move away so he can go wherever it is he intends to. She doesn’t want to pester the poor thing, she’s only curious. She didn’t think know there were turtles in Hyaline.

That’s what she loves of course, there are lots of things that she still doesn’t know about Hyaline.

As she moves away, dropping her head to go back to her meal, her topaz eyes make a quick pass over her surroundings. When they catch on a painted mare she knows to be Kagerus she raises her head once more. The two of them have not formally met, and she wonders if this is a good time to introduce herself. A stranger trails after the antlered queen, and something about her posture bids Kensa to approach slowly and draw up at a very polite distance.

“Hello Kagerus. Hello.” She says to each in turn, giving her name to both of them together and hoping she is not remiss in taking this time to give the Queen a name for the liver chestnut adventurer who has settled happily into her kingdom over the last 3 seasons. “ I’m Kensa.” And then softer, to the mare who has followed Kagerus into the mountains. “Welcome to Hyaline.”

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Brine - by Kensa - 10-26-2018, 11:11 PM