• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Brine

She is an abnormal breed. Her coat of feathers instead of hair, her feet talons rather than hooves. Brine knows of her differences, more so now that she follows the nearly pristine queen back to her homeland. Her coat of white and warm brown seemingly painted in perfect strokes. Brine hates her for it.

As if to solve her insecurities, Brine adjusts the wings that sprout large from her shoulders to cover more of her body, black drapes covering her malnourished body and dull coat.

The trek is long and dragged, but she can appreciate the silence that hovers between them. Not much of a conversationalist, she takes advantage of the peace while it lingers. If she had the choice, she would live her life this way always. Mute.

It isn’t until the stench of more horses tingles her nose that she realizes how close they must be to the kingdom Kagerus calls hers. It is then the silence breaks, asking if Brine knew the history of the kingdoms and something or other of a Reckoning.

She feels an overwhelming sense of annoyance as she realizes Kagerus might be testing her knowledge. As if in an instant this mare will deem her worthy or unworthy on a simplistic history lesson. “I haven’t shown interest in the history of what seems like petty conflict.”

For a moment, silence falls upon them as they work through the foothills, her mouth becoming increasingly dry. Perhaps the mare is psychic, because upon her growing heart rate the queen speaks again of stress-free conversations and the inhabitants of what she calls Hyaline.

“Sure,” she hardly chokes out, almost barely considered a whisper.

It certainly does not take long before a dark liver chestnut meets them, however Brine notices the apparent caution the mare takes. For a moment, Brine feels the muscles of her back release. A momentary break in what is otherwise the most nerve-wracking situation she has found herself in yet.

What is with all the females?

“Brine,” she nods shortly, “thank you.”

The air feels different, the mood setting around her feels livelier and more positive. Almost like a dream, if such a dream was imaginable.

Brine
    the more people you love, the weaker you are

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Brine - by Brine - 11-07-2018, 11:23 AM