• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I take what’s mine and then some more || Lepis ||

My dreams have all come true

Slinging an inky blue jaw over his striped shoulder, darkened by the shadow of a neatly placed wing, Wolfbane takes her in and breathes out the rest of existence. On that same gust of wind he spreads worries away, and leans in eagerly to the singular pressure of Lepis’ greeting kiss. This time it’s not enough, however, to leave him eyes closed or on the edge of some daring precipice. Maybe she senses that, which is why the satin-colored, female pegasus leans promptly aside and reads his much-too-talkative expression. Preferably Bane wanted to forget Arthas entirely, but the discomfort of a holding in such a forbidden word like war was beginning to scald his tongue.

He decides on giving her a little sweet before the sour. “Everything seems so small when I’m with you.” He admits, gripping a fierce, glinting smirk while leaning back himself to inspect every angle of her cherubic face. “She’s like a blazing seraph, ringed in blue-white flame and always ready at the sword, should I need her.” His thoughts tumble, the two of them waiting, watching each other in a tense quiet. Gods help him, but Bane feels ready for whatever’s coming.
    He’s aware that he’d die for her.

And that’s when it starts - after Lepis thinks about how the good can’t last forever, and after Wolfbane realizes his life matters less than someone else’s.

Their world shudders.

“Did?-” Her lover spouts, dim confusion clouding his face and sharpening his eyes. Unthinkingly he turns away, sight trained towards the southwest and despite his tired shoulders the drake flutters into an unsteady hover. Beqanna refuses to cease her transformation, so fear begins to creep on its elongated claws. It scuttles through the Lord’s veins as he watches the mountains begin to implode, and strikes once, coldly, at his heart when the very earth beneath him splinters into veins of dark crevasses. Sweeping his wings, Bane twists to frantically locate the mare he’d lost sight of and along with her, he sees chaos.

Wildlife and Inhabitants both are streaming in dark rivulets towards the sea. Somehow the stallion manages to find his voice and it roars over the cacophony, “I’m not letting you out of my sight! Let’s go!” without explaining where or moving ahead. They both know.

Beqanna forces them one way or another.

Like all good nightmares do

@[Lepis]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I take what’s mine and then some more || Lepis || - by Wolfbane - 10-31-2018, 10:45 PM