• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

don't leave me here alone; cordis

She had the vision, of course, had shrieked and fallen to her knees when it came – not at the mission (she has few qualms about killing, there is blood on her hands, her mouth), but at His voice. She’d forgotten the stridency of it, the horror of His laugh, and the words had plunged her back into the cave, when she was magicless and mousy brown, broken again and again at His whims.
    She’d run the opposite direction, away from His wretched, drowned kingdom and whatever nastiness was planned there, but her run had only had one purpose – to get as far away from Him as possible. She had barely noticed the other visions, telling her of safe places.
    She knows well enough nowhere is safe, not really.

(There had been safety in Spyndle’s touch, a feeling of home, warmth, a righting of things gone wrong. She could breathe, with her, and feel like things were all right.)

I’ve been looking for you, says the girl, and Corids almost sighs. She doesn’t quite know how she wants this story to unfold – there are paths, developing, and all of them alarm her quite amply, because they all speak to things she considers dead and hopeless.
    Things she considers impossible.
    “And now you’ve found me,” she says, soft. She will not admit it, but it is good, to be found. To be seen.
    “You seem different,” she says, though she doesn’t know the half of it.

c o r d i s
    I’ll touch you all and make damn sure
    that no one touches me

@[The Plague] yeah go ahead and roll for her please <3

Messages In This Thread
    don't leave me here alone; cordis - by Glassheart - 10-30-2018, 11:22 PM
    RE: don't leave me here alone; cordis - by Cordis - 10-31-2018, 09:17 PM
    RE: don't leave me here alone; cordis - by Cordis - 11-10-2018, 07:50 PM
    RE: don't leave me here alone; cordis - by Cordis - 11-17-2018, 03:46 PM
    RE: don't leave me here alone; cordis - by Cordis - 12-09-2018, 03:13 PM