• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[claim, to be clear] will you fight when it all burns down; any

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    She gives more than her name, and he tilts his head a little but doesn’t interrupt; she’d taken his question to a much deeper level but perhaps this was good - it told her a little of her history but also of her plans for the place, which was what he needed to know.

She didn’t seem to want to lay a claim to this land other than to just live here, he figured. Nodding to her when she finished, he hadn’t much else to add. Yet she asks a question and she deserves a better answer than just a name.

”Leilan. My father wasn’t all that important in terms of kingdom matters, but my mother was. An Amazonian queen, and a Leviathan now, so I guess you’ll understand where that leaves a colt, as the culture was then.” He shrugs, it wasn’t important nowadays with things changing so much.

He looks around the redwoods briefly, and nods to her. ”There’s people claiming land all around, but they seem to focus on the safe islands for now.” He shakes his head. It was nonsense. No-one would eventually escape this plague until the magicians and fairies had worked something out, unless they literally isolated themselves from everyone. ”If your claim holds, I’d like to talk to you again soon, either on Icicle Isle or Nerine. We don’t need panicking horses to start a war over something nobody knows how to fix yet, but if they do and you need backup, let us know. We could use a herdland like the one you have in mind, for those who just want a home and nothing more. Perhaps in due time, we’ll be able to offer you more. You are, after all, the first-most Northern land our visitors need to pass through.”

He wonders if she had thought that through, but, the thing is she is not a threat and if she continues not to be, then an alliance would be useful. With Taiga as a buffer between Nerine and the other lands, the Northern kingdoms would be one very strategically set-up stronghold. They’d want and need Nerine’s protection, and, if this business with the newcomers was worked out in Nerine’s favour, the Isle’s also, in return.

Perhaps he’d learned something from Brennen after all, in terms of war. But he supposes that he has to ask the man what he wants to, and can, do, in due time.

”Good luck out here, Lilitha. I hope your visions will come true.” He turns back north, back towards the island, unhappy with the developments there but hopefully it will be clear what to do with Cam and Phasus, soon.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [claim, to be clear] will you fight when it all burns down; any - by Leilan - 11-03-2018, 04:42 PM