• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS.
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

It's not how I anticipated gathering us together. Usually when one imagines greeting the numerous youths who have found a safe haven within one's kingdom, its setting is not that of a different place completely. But things have changed - I dreamt it and I awoke to it, I held Solace in my embrace as I gazed about at it, wondering, worried, aching. Solace did not need to be held for long, however, my beautiful wife being the emblem of strength and self-assuredness in times of need. With a kiss to my worried lips, she stepped forward and leapt from the familiar entrance of our grotto, into an air that was and is rank with change and death.

She returned, speaking of a shift in the lands that can only be visualized by a pegasus such as herself. A headache forms in the back of my skull as I realize the gravity of the situation, eyes going to what children remained in our grotto, and then to her stomach. It is early, but the possibility is there, and I refuse to take any chances, least of all with her.

In anxious whispers, I insist that we travel to the new land to our north west, across a small bay, easily marched around. My eyes go to her stomach, words dripping from my lips like tears as I voice my concern for what may be growing in the miracle of her womb. After she comforts me - Solace, my Solace - I clear my throat and take a shaky breath, trying to think more as a Caretaker and Queen than as a mother and as a wife.

"Let us gather the residents. Urge them to come to Silver Cove, if only to hear what you and I have to say. Tell them to bring the others - we must hurry."

And, awakening the children - for the two year olds can barely be considered such any more - I instruct them to do the same as we, my heart squeezing somewhat at the absence of Rhaegor. I can't worry now. I can't worry now. He must be safe.

The hours trickle past like the last leak in a damned river; but eventually, Solace and I find ourselves nervously standing and waiting for slow-movers to join us upon the cusp of the cove after which this place is named. It is daylight, and so its silver escapes us; but it will be good to establish a meeting ground, now that we have left behind the mountains and the willow tree and the lake.

My heart breaks to think of it.

We cannot worry now.

Lifting my chin, I speak into the frosty autumn air, fog curling around my antlers as I speak.

"We have brought you here today because a change has overcome Beqanna. I know that you all can feel it; but Solace has mapped it out." Here, I pause, looking to my counterpart and allowing her to describe the way the continent has shifted, somewhat similar and yet seemingly inside out in spots. I return my eyes to the crowd only when she has finished speaking, feeling a twinge of pride in my stomach, although it had been she to raise me to this position, and not the other way around.

"Hyaline has always been a sanctuary, and though we took pride in our heart (the lake), it is not what defines us as a kingdom. That which defines us, is you." My eyes go to each and every person gathered, stomach twisting brutally when I realize exactly how many young aces there are. "Therefore, Solace and I will hear your ideas; but first, hear ours."

"As disease spreads across Beqanna, we must take refuge. This place - called Silver Cove, a herd-land which existed in before the Reckoning - is one such refuge. Our first proposal is this: that Hyaline continue in name and in function in this land until such time that it is safe to return home. I will stay here in Silver Cove full time to watch over the Harbored, making me the Caretaker of Silver Cove. Solace will continue in her role as the Caretaker of Hyaline, which will now be considered a sub-kingdom, such that when this all blows over, we might return to our mountain home. The division of power will only be temporary, and Solace will be here as much as I am - but it is necessary.

"Our second proposal is that we migrate to Tephra, the kingdom of Solace's father, Warrick, who is our General. Tephra is also a refuge, claiming also to be something of a sanctuary... Considering the king who came before Kromium, we are willing to bet that the government there will accept us even if they are not. This option results in the Sanctuary (being comprised for now of both Silver Cove and Hyaline) being nullified; we will lose our autonomy, but maximize our security."

"Those who wish to remain in Hyaline are welcome, but please - look around. Many of you are young, or old. Whatever disease is circulating in the very bones of Beqanna, we the Caretakers of The Sanctuary do NOT wish to see you acquire it. Staying in Hyaline may be dangerous - but you will always be welcome with the Sanctuary, wherever we find refuge."

Pausing, I look to Solace, hoping that she will have more comforting words to say than I do.

"And please - tell us your thoughts, for we are only two people, and we answer solely to You. As a last note: we are tentatively interested in appointing a leader to govern the sub-kingdom Hyaline, if we choose to proceed with proposition one. If you are interested in this leadership position, please say so."

--

OOC: please ALL HYALINE MEMBERS RESPOND, IN CHARACTER, FULL POST. You do not need to wait for Solace to speak, you may reply immediately.

Thank you.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Kagerus - 10-31-2018, 06:50 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Yidhra - 10-31-2018, 08:52 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by litotes - 10-31-2018, 08:52 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Kensa - 10-31-2018, 09:01 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Knaught - 10-31-2018, 09:14 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Kiko - 10-31-2018, 10:35 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Dawn - 10-31-2018, 11:26 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Solace - 11-01-2018, 08:14 AM